Neuroscience Major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aranjuez

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just submitted my AADSAS app (kind of late, I'm sure). I'm a neuro major, but when I was filling out my application, I found that I could not select it as a major that I would be receiving my degree for. Will I be able to specify this in my secondaries?

Aranjuez

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't say this is late to submitt your application...I submitted mine in october or november, i dont even remember anymore...
Anyway I'd say if you want to be absulutely sure the schools you're applying to know what your major is, make sure you have your current school send them an official transcript. This way they see your raw scores before AADSAS messes with them and they will see your primary major, any secondary majors and or minors. Otherwise if the schools you're applying to have secondary applications you can just add it on there if you want but I would say not to worry about it so much. BTW what did you put as your major if AADSAS wouldn't let you choose Neuroscience.
good luck.

i did not declare as neurobiology
so I did as biology major
but in my personal statement I wrote neurobiology major
I did all the courses and gonna declare asap :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they have an option called Sciences (not listed). I went with that one. It just felt bad to know that I invested so much time into the major and pulled (what I believe) is a pretty decent GPA for the major, and I don't get to even mention it! Ah well! :cool:

I was reading through some of the posts and I saw that a lot of people keep saying that the time of submission doesn't really matter. I mean, it'll matter as far as when you get your interviews and such, but even then, I don't know. Interviews usually go on in November, from what I gathered, and so that gives the schools 2-3 months to go through applications before they notify you for interviews. Ah, I guess we'll see.

aranjuez

neurobiology was a hell

did u take neurobiology 1 and 2?
what a pain lol

I study in Univ of Wisconsin-Madison
Where do u study?

ddsjymaeng said:
neurobiology was a hell

did u take neurobiology 1 and 2?
what a pain lol

I study in Univ of Wisconsin-Madison
Where do u study?

I took that and then some... and then some more. Haha. I study at UCLA right now.