Neurosurgeon personalities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Trauma Surgeon

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With the risk of having this post closed and me banned from SDN, I see the urge to ask this question, "what is wrong with you guys (neurosurgeons)?"

I admit, the surgical personalities are not that great, me included. But I'm fed up with the neurosurgeons personality both in the clinical work and research. I have had the opportunity to work and do research with both Americans (two top universities in US), one tour in UK, and northern Europe (several different neurosurgical departments through research and two through clinical practice).
I'm still waiting for the guy or gal with a normal personality! It seems like most of the neurosurgeons have some kind of personality disorder which gets even worse more they are in practice and the more academic titles they earn! From my understanding talking to several colleagues both in North America and Europe, this is how everybody perceives you… What gives?
 
cant generalize. I think as a rule neurosurgeons are very intense, dedicated, perfectionistic individuals because they have to be. I have met some neurosurgeons that are the nicest people on earth and others that can be very edgy. Overall though, I would say the majority are good people.