-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties
- Neurosurgery
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Neurosurgeon salary. What do they really make.
Started by coconutsareyummy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Starting salaries in private practice are generally between 500 and 650k from what I can tell, depending on location and hours you want to work. It then goes up the longer you work.Cray
Instead of hunting for mean/median salaries, it might actually be more helpful if someone could provide salaries (for both PP and academics) at distinct times after residency (such as 5yrs/10yrs/15yrs post-residency) because obviously the amount you make would correlate strongly with your experience in the field (which is obviously a concern for applicants who might have young families and want to know when to expect what kind of a paycheck).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are projections for neurosurgery reimbursements for the coming decades? I know its impossible to tell for certain due to the changing landscape but does it seem like reimbursements will at least remain level over the coming years? (Not counting inflation/buying power, but simply just level number wise)
Last edited:
For those of you curious about salary,
Here is a legal proceeding of a neurosurgeon who got divorced. As it turns out, I know his daughter. The document mentions multiple times what his income is in different areas--namely Seattle and Alaska.
Enjoy.
https://www.courts.wa.gov/content/petitions/90043-4 COA Respondents Brief.pdf
Here is a legal proceeding of a neurosurgeon who got divorced. As it turns out, I know his daughter. The document mentions multiple times what his income is in different areas--namely Seattle and Alaska.
Enjoy.
https://www.courts.wa.gov/content/petitions/90043-4 COA Respondents Brief.pdf
Anyone know about peds?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
For those of you curious about salary,
Here is a legal proceeding of a neurosurgeon who got divorced. As it turns out, I know his daughter. The document mentions multiple times what his income is in different areas--namely Seattle and Alaska.
Enjoy.
https://www.courts.wa.gov/content/petitions/90043-4 COA Respondents Brief.pdf
That's one hell of a story. Glad it's not me.
When you are looking for jobs, buy the MGMA data set. It will break down, by region, percentile for salary based on training and time in practice, as well as practice environment.
Are you referring to a pediatric neurosurgeon or a pediatric specialist? Pediatrics normally make 170k a year.Anyone know about peds?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Are you referring to a pediatric neurosurgeon or a pediatric specialist? Pediatrics normally make 170k a year.
Peds nsgy compared to General nsgy
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I really think it depends on your contract and your location... Maybe 550k-800k depending on; experience, location, contract and so on.Peds nsgy compared to General nsgy
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
That's my best guess, but I can't definitely say as a lot are different than the next.
I really think it depends on your contract and your location... Maybe 550k-800k depending on; experience, location, contract and so on.
That's my best guess, but I can't definitely say as a lot are different than the next.
Thanks, yeah I was mostly just curious how much of a pay cut you took if you went into peds nsgy. Nice to know they don't really take much of one and make about the same
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Wow 5.6 million per year? Other than for a few drs here and there, mostly who are entreprenurial, i have never seen docs who make that kind of money!That's one hell of a story. Glad it's not me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow 5.6 million per year? Other than for a few drs here and there, mostly who are entreprenurial, i have never seen docs who make that kind of money!
As this real story makes clear, a man with too much money is rarely a good thing.
As this real story makes clear, a man with too much money is rarely a good thing.
Not the point. I just don't know how he could make 5.6 million even in Alaska, or 4 million elsewhere. Seems excessive high even for NSG.
If you knew my posting style - I always like to bring up thoughtful points related to topics. I'm not a you-gotta-stay-fixed-on-a-point poster.
Anyhow, I don't know enough to comment on super high NSG salaries.
Anyhow, I don't know enough to comment on super high NSG salaries.
That's one hell of a story. Glad it's not me.
+1. Although, knowing I had 8.6 million in property wouldn't be a bad thing.
+1. Although, knowing I had 8.6 million in property wouldn't be a bad thing.
Same here. I dare ya to try it though. I've known more noobie real estate moguls screw up their personal lives than I have fingers on both hands.
Wow 5.6 million per year? Other than for a few drs here and there, mostly who are entreprenurial, i have never seen docs who make that kind of money!
There are some spine heavy private practices in my hood with docs taking home close to double that per year.
Not unless they are doing a lot of illegal stuffThere are some spine heavy private practices in my hood with docs taking home close to double that per year.
People making 11 million a year? That seems beyond excessive..
On the contrary, I'd gladly take every penny.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 4K