Neurosurgery Interviews!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lipoyl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is doing the CAS thing, and wants to compare notes regarding interviews...here are the places I've heard from......

MCV...10/5
Penn...10/23-25 (3 day interview???)
Rush 10/31
Maryland....11/6
Cleveland Clinic..11/8
Duke...11/15
Florida...11/21-22
Oregon...11/23
Baylor...12/6
Columbia...12/7

UCSF...offered an interview, but I'm waiting on scheduling

I'm cancelling my Wake Forest interview

Anyone received word from the Boston or big-time west coast programs (Barrow or Seattle)?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow... looks like you're doing well :). I'm not a Neursurg applicant, but just out of curiousity, what does it take to be as [obviously] competitive as you are for Neurosurg? In other words, what do your #s (and the like) look like... if you don't mind me asking? Good luck to you.

I am not a neurosurg applicant either, but I was curious in how you are going about cancelling your Wake Forest interview. What is the proper etiquette in doing so? Calling, emailing, sending a letter? And, do you need to tell them why?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I too am curious about your numbers lipoyl, as a fellow Maryland student. I don't think that I'm going for anything as competetive as neursurgery, but it would be nice to know what are competetive grades and numbers coming out of Maryland. I had straight B's preclinical, 230 step I, and research that never amounted to anything. I finished one rotation 6 wks ago, but still have not gotten my grade:mad: . Congrats on your interviews!

hey lypoyl, congrats on your interviews!

U r in Balto.. do u go to JHU SOM or U MD SOM?

Did you apply to Hopkins neurosurg?

To cancel the interview I just called and said I couldn't make it.....it's done quite routinely.

I did well (not spectacularly...A's and B's) preclinically; awesome (all Honors/A's) clincally, and rocked Step I (251). I also have been involved with my school's n-surg department since first year, and have had 4 presentations at national neurosurgery meetings and 2 first-author manuscripts. I also have strong letters, including 2 from nationally known chairmen.

ckent...the sky's the limit coming from maryland, but don't expect any support from the powers (Gladstein, et al) unless your gonna tow the party line and do primary care or bull**** like that. The key is to take the initiative starting as early as possible. The people who match well are the one's who do this.