Neurosurgery Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chesspro_md

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please tell me where I can find a list of all the Neurosurgery programs. Also, Step 1 and step 2 cut-offs?
All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
Thanks for the reply. The website is very helpful.
Does anyone know what scores are needed for interviews or to be competitive?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There has got to be more neurosurgery programs than this. For example, I was looking for the MCV program and could not find it on the list? Any place else I can look?
 
Can anyone comment on how the new 80 hour regulations might affect Neurosurgery residents?

Also For those who may have already done the research:

Can you recommend any non-malignant neusosurgery programs to look into?
 
NO programs will release their board score cut-offs.

Define what you mean by malignant. It sounds like you mean programs that are easy, which are places like Mt. Sinai, Oregon, JHU...
 
I don't mean "easy". I realize that a surgical residncy requires focus, perseverence and time......By not malignant I mean programs that:

1) Do not simply look at neurosurgery residents as a pair of hands but treat them as an investment in their institution.

2) Programs that realize that family life is important to a resident and may have a direct impact on how he/she performs at the hospital.

3) Do not have a very rigid resident-attending hierarchial relationship. The attendings are there to teach you and perhaps remember the things that they despised about their own residency program and are looking to change them for the future.....


Perhaps it's too much to ask of any residency....