Neurosurgery Q?

Started by BrainBox
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BrainBox

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have a question for the neurosurgical residents and or anyone else who knows the answer.

I know Neurosurgery is one of the toughest programs to get into. Where would one stand if applying to one as a:

1. DO vs MD
2. Foreign grad vs US
3. Canadian vs US

Thanks for your thoughts. :idea:
 
Try the neurosurgery forum for post graduate physicians.

Given there's only a few per city if that and they're ridiculously busy, you're not likely to find one browsing sdn.

Good luck.

My .02$ is don't go to medical school period convinced your set on a specialty that competitive. The percentage is so small as to make speculative prospecting a sort of fortune-teller's art. Your data leads you back to where you started. Clueless.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking a seminar in neurophysiology that is taught by a practicing neurosurgeon. He taught at the state medical school and was head of the neurosurgery residency for many years. I spoke with him in detail about that tonight since I am undecided on M.D. vs. D.O. He said that at our state school there has never been a D.O. accepted. However he did say that the program most likely would accept a D.O. if a competitive candidate arises. Our state school accepts 1 residency candidate for neurosurgery.