neurosurgery related research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anxietypeaker

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it seems that functional nsx really touches on a lot of conditions but:

I was wondering if you guys consider MS research in this realm? (ie intrathecal pumps for decreasing spasticity secondary to MS).

I'm kinda interested in MS but am thinking of applying to nsx residency.... so wanted to know if this would hurt me (read: would neurosurgeons hear about my basic science/molecular bio research on MS as not nsx related enough to help my residency app that much). Theres other labs that does parkinsons, and another that does epilepsy...but im sorta into the MS stuff.

Any comments would help.
 
Last edited:
it seems that functional nsx really touches on a lot of conditions but:

I was wondering if you guys consider MS research in this realm? (ie intrathecal pumps for decreasing spasticity secondary to MS).

I'm kinda interested in MS but am thinking of applying to nsx residency.... so wanted to know if this would hurt me (read: would neurosurgeons hear about my basic science/molecular bio research on MS as not nsx related enough to help my residency app that much). Theres other labs that does parkinsons, and another that does epilepsy...but im sorta into the MS stuff.

Any comments would help.

I think that research in any field, especially neurological, is adequate. I wouldn't sweat it. Do what you are interested in, being productive, impressing your PI, and publishing is more important than evaluating neurosurgical techniques or something. Plus, I assume that neurosurgeons are implanting these pumps (or do neurologists do it, I've never seen an intrathecal pump).