1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Neurosurgery Research / Publication

Discussion in 'Neurosurgery' started by Medbound786, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Medbound786

Medbound786 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

so I am trying to get a neurosurgical research publication and I am offered the opportunity by a neurosurgery resident to write a historical article on a treatment procedure (history of this procedure) that is to be submitted for publication in Journal of Neurosurgery. The resident assures me that it would quickly be accepted for publication. For the purposes of residency application, do you think that an article publication of this type is considered acceptable or equivalent to what's usually deemed a "research publication" or would they just dismiss that as something insignificant. ? I am sooo confused because I am not sure if working on this project is worth my while since I am a third year student.

Somebody please help !!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There is no publication that would be insignificant (some more significant than others). If the option is this or nothing, than you should do this.

4. Medbound786

Medbound786 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thank you mmp !! ............. I appreciate your advice...helps to know that the work would be counted for something...