Neurotic am I going to match post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bananagaurd15

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Third year DO student, currently doing rotations. Failed third semester OPP and successfully remediated it, the rest of my pre-clinical grades are fine. Was concerned about passing step 1 so I Only took comlex and scored >480. Im wanting to do pediatrics or family medicine, and all my advisor's mentors etc have told me I really shouldn't worry too much about not matching, but I am extremely stressed out about it. Im not looking to go to Harvard just scared i won't match and be screwed. The rest of my application is good extracurriculars, research (published) blah blah, but I am just incredibly neurotic. Looking to get thoughts and suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

I’ll also recommend focusing on DO friendly regions like the midwest.. especially Michigan. Try to do auditions there if you can.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
FM, no prob. Peds, just don’t focus on big name places in competitive areas. You’re really just fine in general though.

My stats are worse than yours and have 10 interviews lined up already this season. Applied to 37 programs. All FM. Just focus on doing well on level 2 and your COMATs. Matching will come.

You'll match. If you apply to DO-favorable programs peds should be possible, if that's what you want..