Neurotic Post about Error in Primary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinacol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was looking over my primary application to fill in a "works and activities" section on a secondary application. I realized that my for one of my volunteer experiences I listed I worked 12/2012 to 1/2013 and 12/2014 to 12/2015. While the second entry is right, the first should have been 12/2013 to 1/2014.

I don't think I can change the primary application now... Should I match the dates listed on my primary application? Or should I write down the correct version? All the work and hours were the same.

I know this is a super neurotic and dull question, but I would appreciate an outside opinion.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would write a note about it, apologize, but go for the correct version. I am just super careful about putting anything knowingly wrong. Although you could likely get away with the old version, it's not worth the risk.

I don't think that's being neurotic. Even though it's the same amount of time I'd definitely get adcom verification that writing that you started an activity earlier than you actually did won't go badly for you if someone finds out. I know in Canada if you accidentally add time and they call your verifier you get instantly blacklisted. Don't imagine this situation is that bad, but definitely be sure that you resolve it, don't want to take any risks.