Nevada or MCPHS- Worcester??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pmkinzero

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any students attending the University of Nevada, MCPHS-Worcester, or Washington State Pharmacy schools or know of anyone that is. I was accepted to the Nevada School of Pharmacy in March, and already paid my acceptance fee, but now have been accepted to MCPHS-Worcester and Washington State. I like the idea of Nevadas block system, but have never spoken with anyone in the program about it. Also, the 90% pass/fail scale seems a bit tough, but I wonder if it is as hard as it sounds. MCPHS-Worcester was my first choice two years ago, and the thought of living close to Boston sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity, however, also very expensive. I Really like the three year schools, but cant really decide between the two. If anyone had any insight on the two schools, that would be very helpful. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

First, congrats at getting into three schools... second.... grrrrr for getting into three schools and still complaining!!!!! MCPHS at Worster is three years right? take that into consideration when considering finances... sorry i dont' have more input

I dont want to sound like I am complaining at all. I was so nervous that I would not get accepted into any of the schools I applied too. I was just wondering if anyone had any information about NVCP or MCPHS-Worcester. I have already put a down payment down at NVCP, and I am pretty sure I am going there. Although, it still is hard to committ to a school that I dont really know anything about. Any information on the two schools would be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I was just accepted into Nevada for this falls class...so excited.. :D i had an interview march 17...I thoght the faculty was real nice...esp dr. deyoung! lookin forward to moving some where warm for 3 yrs!!! :laugh:

moserd who did you interview with at NVCP? I also had an interview on March 17 but the faculty I had were not as personable, nice, and easy going as everyone on the forum had said all the faculty were like. I guess I heard such good things about NVCP and their interview process that maybe I got my hopes up too high or something. Many people on this forum said that the interview process there is very easy going and relaxed but I didn't quite feel that in my actual interview. I felt like my panel was just shooting questions at me and then waiting for my answer. No real comments or development into a conversation. One was even looking out into the room where the others were doing their essay when I was answering so it felt like he wasn't even paying attention. Oh well.... maybe it was just me. Congrats on getting accepted to NVCP!

Congratulations moserd!

moserd said:
lookin forward to moving some where warm for 3 yrs!!! :laugh:

3 words:
110?F in August

Have fun moving in!
devil-smiley-030.gif
:laugh: :smuggrin: :laugh:
devil-smiley-030.gif

"...but it's a dry heat"​

LVPharm said:
Congratulations moserd!
3 words:
110?F in August
"...but it's a dry heat"​

At least it's not 120 degrees... like here. :)

jdpharmd? said:
At least it's not 120 degrees... like here. :)

Honestly, above 110, it's hard to tell the difference. Walking outside feels like sticking your head into a hot oven.
:laugh: