1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Nevada residentcy?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jaremy, Mar 19, 2004.

1. jaremy

jaremy TCB - UNLV 2009
    7+ Year Member

How easy is it to get Nevada residency? I know the process.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mathnerd

mathnerd Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Get a driver's license, register to vote & live in the state for 12 months prior to school starting. Nevada doesn't have state income tax, so proof of state-taxed income isn't quite the issue it is in other states.

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Or, conversely, get a job with the university system. I had a couple friends in the first year class that worked as "groundskeepers" for a couple of weeks prior to school starting, and this granted them residency.

5. init4damoney

init4damoney Membership Revoked
    Removed

Check UNLV's website. I believe if you can get a job working for a state public institution (ex: UNLV) then you get residency. So, if you have the means, I would suggest trying to get a job at UNLV doing anything, cuz that will save you a pretty penny your first year.

6. mathnerd

mathnerd Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    True! I interviewed with a guy at UNLV that works at UNLV and moved to Vegas solely to establish residency for the 2004 cycle.