• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

mathnerd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dentist
Get a driver's license, register to vote & live in the state for 12 months prior to school starting. Nevada doesn't have state income tax, so proof of state-taxed income isn't quite the issue it is in other states.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Originally posted by mathnerd
Get a driver's license, register to vote & live in the state for 12 months prior to school starting.
Or, conversely, get a job with the university system. I had a couple friends in the first year class that worked as "groundskeepers" for a couple of weeks prior to school starting, and this granted them residency.

About the Ads

init4damoney

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
Status
Check UNLV's website. I believe if you can get a job working for a state public institution (ex: UNLV) then you get residency. So, if you have the means, I would suggest trying to get a job at UNLV doing anything, cuz that will save you a pretty penny your first year.

mathnerd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
Dentist
True! I interviewed with a guy at UNLV that works at UNLV and moved to Vegas solely to establish residency for the 2004 cycle.

About the Ads