• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

mathnerd

15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Get a driver's license, register to vote & live in the state for 12 months prior to school starting. Nevada doesn't have state income tax, so proof of state-taxed income isn't quite the issue it is in other states.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Originally posted by mathnerd
Get a driver's license, register to vote & live in the state for 12 months prior to school starting.

Or, conversely, get a job with the university system. I had a couple friends in the first year class that worked as "groundskeepers" for a couple of weeks prior to school starting, and this granted them residency.

About the Ads

init4damoney

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Status (Visible)
Check UNLV's website. I believe if you can get a job working for a state public institution (ex: UNLV) then you get residency. So, if you have the means, I would suggest trying to get a job at UNLV doing anything, cuz that will save you a pretty penny your first year.

mathnerd

15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
True! I interviewed with a guy at UNLV that works at UNLV and moved to Vegas solely to establish residency for the 2004 cycle.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.