1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Never sent secondaries

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by JimBone905, Jan 12, 2019.

1. JimBone905

Hey guys, I sent my primary app to two schools (ACOM, MUCOM) and i simply did not have enough time or resources as I thought I would to submit my secondaries to them before December. I figured that since it was past thanksgiving, I shouldn't even bother since my stats for DO are average and a late app would not get any love from those schools.

My question is that, if I reapply to these schools a second time with the same MCAT/gpa but super early (june/july latest) and actually finish their secondaries, would I have a worse shot at getting an II than If i were to submit my secondaries now even though its "too late"? The deadlines for them are march first so I could technically still submit to them but i'm thinking it might me better to hold off and just save the material i wrote for the next cycle.

I will have some minor app improvements by my reapplication on top of applying super early (vs the last cycle which I applied in november) so it's not like I will be applying with the exact same app.

EDIT: these were not the only two schools i applied to, they are two schools i didnt have time to complete secondaries for

2. Goro

Faculty Verified Expert 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Nope.

The hype on SDN against reapplicants is well, mostly hype.

3. OP
    OP
    JimBone905

Thank you goro, I am very glad to hear this. That being said, should I hold off on submitting the secondaries for this cycle and save the material for next cycle?

4. Goro

Faculty Verified Expert 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    It's too late for this cycle.

5. lalalaaaaaa

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    are you only applying to two programs, and didn't have time to finish apps for those programs?

6. OP
    OP
    JimBone905

please read the edit at the bottom of my post, these are not the only two schools i applied to, they are just the only ones i did not send secondaries to.