New AADSAS fees for 2003

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's some news for those preparing to apply:

Sadly, for those of us who will be applying this year, AADSAS is upping their fees. For the 2003 applicants, there will be a 45% increase in fees.

In better news, the new Infobase webpage will be up and running shortly, and will allow applicants to see the status of their application at individual schools -- all from one central internet page. On the downside, only 23-25 schools will be participating this year.

Members don't see this ad.

For those of us who are slow with math (such as myself :wink: ) that means the processing fee for the first school will be roughly $210, and each additional school will cost $60.

Wow, thats a hefty fee to pay someone to misplace your letters of rec, forget to mail you your blue sheets, and put you on hold for 45 minutes. But then again, thats just me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, the hefty fee just got bigger. Of course, they haven't lost my rec letters or put me on hold for 45 minutes yet. I suppose I'll have to deal with that when I apply later this year! :)

Why are so few schools participating? Are they fed up with AADSAS, too?

Freddy King,

It is my understanding that the amount of schools participating in the Infobase program this year is limited because it is the beta test year.

Upon successful completion of the 2003 application cycle, all of the AADSAS dental schools should join and participate in the Infobase program.

Once again, Infobase will allow each applicant to view the status of his application (ie. "waitlisted", "complete", "interview on date --/--/--", "transcripts needed", "accepted", etc.) at each school from one central webpage. The goal of the system is to track application status in real-time, from the vantage point of AADSAS as well as the schools that we've applied to.

Well, I am not really thrilled about the hike in application fees, but to tell you the truth, if the infobase works really well, then the fees might well be worth it. I mean it would be really cool to just check your status online, instead of calling AADSAS and 20 other schools to check if your file is complete with them. So let's just wait and see how phenomenal this new infobase really is.

So which schools are not going to do the infoweb?