New Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btfred2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From people that have more experience, does anyone know about what time schools start sending out there second round of applications? Does anyone know if they send them out one by one or wait a little bit and send a big round again? Sorry if this question has been asked already, but I've been looking around and haven't seen it. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

here's what i'm going to guess: for those applicants that got accepted december 1st, they have 45 days to put down a deposit. so until january 15th. some people will hold all their seats until then to make up their mind, or they may notify the schools and decline. so schools may just wait until jan 15th so they can get how many people accepted and then go for the next round. that's my guess.

Or I think they send some, not all acceptances on Dec. 1, see how many student withdraw their acceptances and send some more week by week.

Members don't see this ad :)
here's what i'm going to guess: for those applicants that got accepted december 1st, they have 45 days to put down a deposit. so until january 15th. some people will hold all their seats until then to make up their mind, or they may notify the schools and decline. so schools may just wait until jan 15th so they can get how many people accepted and then go for the next round. that's my guess.

agreed, thats the impression i'm getting from most schools

Or I think they send some, not all acceptances on Dec. 1, see how many student withdraw their acceptances and send some more week by week.

This is how it will work after their second round of acceptances go out. Right now they are still interviewing and will make one more large batch of acceptances, at least at most schools.

i feel like jan. 15 is the new dec. 1. haha >_<

The schools may decide on Jan15th but don't be discouraged if you don't hear anything they may wait a couple of days to call/mail things out.

Has anyone contacted a school and asked them their procedure? I'm thinking about doing that for Louisville (my top choice)...

Yes I'm in-state for Kentucky