New anesthesia program in Florida?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alatov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems there is a new accredited anesthesia residency at Cleveland Clinic Florida. Does anybody know anything about it?

Members don't see this ad.

That would most likely be in Westin, which is kind of a ghost-town. Decent proximity to Ft Lauderdale and Miami. Can't speak to the medicine, except tha a friend of mine interviewed for a cardiac job recently and got the impression they are looking to expand.
I wouldn't call suburbs of south Florida/broward county a ghost town. Ha ha.

My cousins live in Miramar and Coral Springs. He commutes to Cleveland clinic as hem/onc attending and it's a quick 15 min from Coral Springs.

Yes. Cleveland clinic is expanding. They been also looking for icu critical care anesthesia for years as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no mention of a residency program on their website

I actually lived there. There is f**k-all to do in Westin.
You don't have to live in weston.

U wanna live next to Hopkins? USC/LA county?

Reactions: 1 user
Weston is a nice area about 30 minutes west of Fort Lauderdale. Cleveland Clinic has built a really swanky complex out there which is pretty big. I've heard they have a few small residencies and fellowships there, don't know much about this new program.

Sounds like a great compromise - living in South Florida with incredible beaches and weather, but a significant decrease in congestion and cost of living noth of Miami.