• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

new attending compensation

97t

5+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2010
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Hey guys,
    senior resident here evaluating jobs with a question about compensation. The job I'm looking at (community hospital with residency in the midwest) is offering 65% of billing with a mininum guranteed hourly rate. As you build years you get some profit sharing (10-30k depending). standard benefits given inculding malpractice with tail, though I pay for health insurance. I would be an employee of the group no one is a partner. They say the other 35% is overhead for the group. Is 35% a reasonable number for overhead or are they taking too much?

Venko

True to self
    Lifetime Donor
    10+ Year Member
    Jan 24, 2006
    Rochester, MN
    1. Attending Physician
      Hey guys,
      senior resident here evaluating jobs with a question about compensation. The job I'm looking at (community hospital with residency in the midwest) is offering 65% of billing with a mininum guranteed hourly rate. As you build years you get some profit sharing (10-30k depending). standard benefits given inculding malpractice with tail, though I pay for health insurance. I would be an employee of the group no one is a partner. They say the other 35% is overhead for the group. Is 35% a reasonable number for overhead or are they taking too much?

Is there a partnership track? I would ask to see the books (I'm told its a good practice whenever you are considering a new job to assess viability of the practice) and have an accountant review them to see if that is a reasonable amount.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.