New Chair at UW

Started by JEB4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JEB4

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed that UW has a new interim chair. Just wondering if anyone could comment on the conditions surrounding the departure of Dr. Robinson and what the atmosphere is like now. Also have there been any changes in the direction the program is going etc.
 
I have talked to several people high up at UW, and they are pretty excited by the changes. Having Dr. Robinson in the Dean's office has greatly increased the stature of PM+R at UW, which was already a pretty high profile program.

I don't have a vested interest in the department, but I would rate UW more highly now than they were rated before.
 
I had also heard that people were very happy with Dr. Robinson at UW, but I was referring to an even more recent change in the position (like in the last several months). There is a new interim chair, Dr. Peter Esselman. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the change.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I am referring to as well- Dr. Robinson leaving as chair to become a Dean in the Medical School, and Dr. Esselman as the interim chair. Again, I am hearing the perspective of the faculty. They are happy with the move, not because they are unhappy with Dr. Robinson (on the contrary- he is very well liked), but because in addition to having a strong chair in Esselman, they also now have a very strong presence in the Dean's office.