mikejames

10+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
When you get a C+ in a class can you take it over again and get a A will the A replace the C+ on the AMCAS, how does this work?

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
When you get a C+ in a class can you take it over again and get a A will the A replace the C+ on the AMCAS, how does this work?

For allo, both scores go on AMCAS, with the effect of a double weighted average. You reportedly get a replacement if you go osteo.

karmega5

MS2
10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2006
Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yup- for AMCAS, both count- but I made sure to mention that my science GPA looks a lot worse due to that fact, and that there were a couple courses I trounced the second time around (no excuse not to). Also, be sure to get a good upward GPA trend, and try to ace the next course (if it's a sequence) or perhaps consider taking another higher level class in the area to show you can master the material (but only if you'll do well).

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.