New Crisis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AND if you thought things couldnt be worse, I got a specimen from an outpatient Gyn office that is sending their biz to a reference lab. Intrigued, I picked up the requisition sheet and across the front was written in red "Do not charge."

I was floored. Apparently realizing the Ameripaths of the world dont work for free, the local Gyns thought it was in order to stick a big fat spiked dildo up the dead horse's ass.

I not only charged, I ordered 5 immunostains and charged for them too. And in 90 days if its not paid, its going to collections!!

BOOYA BITCH

Members don't see this ad.

Tissue insufficient for diagnosis.

Thank you.

Come again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buy one of these
xstp3208s.gif

And stamp it and send it back.

COD Cash on Diagnosis

Sorry I'm just an MS-3 so i don't understand how the biz works--but if they're using Ameripath to read their specimens, why are they still sending them to you?

Chrismander said:
Sorry I'm just an MS-3 so i don't understand how the biz works--but if they're using Ameripath to read their specimens, why are they still sending them to you?

Second opinion, patient is going to LA's hospital, the horse thing LADoc mentioned...
Take your pick.

Huh?! That's complete garbage.. if they are asking you to look at it then how do they expect you not to charge.

Nonsense... Send it right back to them is what I would do and like you said in other threads... if you ever get called to testify... hey do it.

This makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting that this gyn group was sending you a specimen for analysis and expected you to do it for free. I don't get it.

Judd

juddson said:
This makes no sense to me. Are you suggesting that this gyn group was sending you a specimen for analysis and expected you to do it for free. I don't get it.

Judd

Yes that is exactly it. In fact, they seem to be doing on high profile cases involving local VIPs and may even tell them they can get the pathology for FREE if they come to them for treatment...basically they want to charge full tilt for their end but want me to give a huge discount and/or freebie to make the patient feel happy they are getting a bargain! Hahahahahahahaahahahahaahahaha.

UCSFbound said:
spiked dildo... :laugh:

I am about to go SPIDERMONKEY on their ass too. I prayed to baby Jesus today they wont try anything...
mky_spider.jpg

LADoc00 said:
I am about to go SPIDERMONKEY on their ass too. I prayed to baby Jesus today they wont try anything...
mky_spider.jpg

Somebody saw the new Will F. movie.

ok sorry have to be serious here.
couldnt they have sent the case because the patient or clinician ordered a review, and then doesnt that mean you do not bill the refering lab, but the patient or clinical doc??

"Ahh Ahh! The building's coming down! Ahhhh!"

Seriously dude, we like borderline LADoc00 better...this new histrionic image just isn't doing it.

OK, does anyone know what LADoc00 looks like? I think someone needs to make an LADoc00 action figure...microscope in one hand and a squirt gun in the other.