New Dat Score Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RozhonDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took the DAT over and scores much better than my previous scores. I was curious if its necessary to call up the schools and notify them that my scores are better, reason being my application has already been sent and they only have my old scores for the time being, until my new scores arrive. Or should I just wait for the new scores to arrive at the school?

Members don't see this ad.

RozhonDDS said:
I recently took the DAT over and scores much better than my previous scores. I was curious if its necessary to call up the schools and notify them that my scores are better, reason being my application has already been sent and they only have my old scores for the time being, until my new scores arrive. Or should I just wait for the new scores to arrive at the school?

They'll get the new ones so I wouldn't feel all that compelled to notify them...

and correct me if I'm wrong, there was a place to input a date for a "future DAT" date on the application right? In which case, providing you entered a date...they'll see you're re-taking it anyways.

KOM said:
They'll get the new ones so I wouldn't feel all that compelled to notify them...

and correct me if I'm wrong, there was a place to input a date for a "future DAT" date on the application right? In which case, providing you entered a date...they'll see you're re-taking it anyways.

Got Ya, I just wasn't sure, because I know some schools don't get on line and view the application but, instead wait for the acutal paper copy to arrive.

Members don't see this ad :)
RozhonDDS said:
Got Ya, I just wasn't sure, because I know some schools don't get on line and view the application but, instead wait for the acutal paper copy to arrive.

u should change the old score on aadsas app. right away, and request offical scores send to each school. Also AADSAS will send ur revised app. to each school as well. Schools will send u ur app. status once they start processing ur app., and it will say what u are missing.

You could also mail/fax your unofficial scores to the schools with a letter explaining that you retook the DAT and official scores will follow. I'm not entirely sure that anything you can update on AADSAS will be sent in hardcopy to the schools once your app has been initially sent. LORs are the only exception to the rule that I know of.

Check with ADEA and see when your new scores were sent or when the three week mark is.

I would call/email the schools and notify them and even fax them a copy so they have them now. Good Luck