1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

New Dat Score Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by RozhonDDS, Aug 2, 2006.

1. RozhonDDS

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I recently took the DAT over and scores much better than my previous scores. I was curious if its necessary to call up the schools and notify them that my scores are better, reason being my application has already been sent and they only have my old scores for the time being, until my new scores arrive. Or should I just wait for the new scores to arrive at the school?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KOM

KOM Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    They'll get the new ones so I wouldn't feel all that compelled to notify them...

and correct me if I'm wrong, there was a place to input a date for a "future DAT" date on the application right? In which case, providing you entered a date...they'll see you're re-taking it anyways.

4. RozhonDDS

7+ Year Member

Dental Student

Got Ya, I just wasn't sure, because I know some schools don't get on line and view the application but, instead wait for the acutal paper copy to arrive.

5. DDS:)

DDS:) Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student

u should change the old score on aadsas app. right away, and request offical scores send to each school. Also AADSAS will send ur revised app. to each school as well. Schools will send u ur app. status once they start processing ur app., and it will say what u are missing.

6. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You could also mail/fax your unofficial scores to the schools with a letter explaining that you retook the DAT and official scores will follow. I'm not entirely sure that anything you can update on AADSAS will be sent in hardcopy to the schools once your app has been initially sent. LORs are the only exception to the rule that I know of.

Check with ADEA and see when your new scores were sent or when the three week mark is.

7. license2drill

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would call/email the schools and notify them and even fax them a copy so they have them now. Good Luck