Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

New Dates for 2002?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by polarbear, Mar 30, 2001.

1. polarbear

polarbear Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Everyone,

I was surfing the AAMC student site and I noticed an interesting thing in the AMCAS section.

http://www.aamc.org/students/start.htm

They seem to have June 18 listed as the first date that applications can be certified and submitted this year. Does anyone know anything about this? I was under the impression that it was June 1 for many years now.

If June 18 stands, I guess that it'll be good to have some extra time to prepare the app. But then again, given the amount of waiting that's built into the process already, I imagine that tacking another 2 weeks+ onto the process will just add to the torture.

Anyone have any info on this?

2. Thats correct!

The 2002 AMCAS web-application was originally supposed to be available starting April 1. However, that date has been posponed until April 16.

Hence, AAMC has moved the original June 1 date to June 18.

3. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I agree that the extra time will be nice when writing the two new essays. I have also heard a lot of people saying that this delay may help those who take the August MCAT. However, I think that the delay will be offset by the new electronic application being processed faster.

I'd like to hear what others think about this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...