New Dates for 2002?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polarbear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I was surfing the AAMC student site and I noticed an interesting thing in the AMCAS section.

http://www.aamc.org/students/start.htm

They seem to have June 18 listed as the first date that applications can be certified and submitted this year. Does anyone know anything about this? I was under the impression that it was June 1 for many years now.

If June 18 stands, I guess that it'll be good to have some extra time to prepare the app. But then again, given the amount of waiting that's built into the process already, I imagine that tacking another 2 weeks+ onto the process will just add to the torture.

Anyone have any info on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Thats correct!

The 2002 AMCAS web-application was originally supposed to be available starting April 1. However, that date has been posponed until April 16.

Hence, AAMC has moved the original June 1 date to June 18.

I agree that the extra time will be nice when writing the two new essays. I have also heard a lot of people saying that this delay may help those who take the August MCAT. However, I think that the delay will be offset by the new electronic application being processed faster.

I'd like to hear what others think about this.