bitecys

Go Hawks!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2002
Iowa City, IA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A bunch of my classmates ordered the new ones and they came in today. I think we got them for $168...had to have at least 25 orders to get them at that price though.

The decks are now in a wonderful spot on my bookshelf, not to be opened until 3 weeks before the exam.

About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
bitecys, my class is also ordering them. They'll be $170, however we only have to order 10 of them to get a group discount.

Toothzone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi,
Are the new Decks 2004.... .any different from the 2001 decks??
Is any new Information added in " all " the new decks ..are there any changes made ???besides adding new cards..
Thanks
Toothzone:confused:

bitecys

Go Hawks!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2002
Iowa City, IA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
SillyRabbit,

many in my class are just going to lock themselves in a room for 2-3 weeks right before July 12...it'll be an adventure into how much I can look like a child molester without shaving or seeing daylight. :)

In reality, I'm sure I'll crack them open before then, but not to any great depth.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Originally posted by Toothzone
Hi,
Are the new Decks 2004.... .any different from the 2001 decks??
Is any new Information added in " all " the new decks ..are there any changes made ???besides adding new cards..
Thanks
Toothzone:confused:

There are corrections that are made each time new decks are put out, however these corrections are also posted on their website so you can manually correct the information from the previous set of Decks.

The material that is tested on just doesn't change that much, so having the 2001 Decks is probably just fine.

One great thing is that midway through the 2001 Deck cycle, they changed the background color from red to white. The white is much better for taking notes, if you do such things. As far as content, you aren't behind if you study from a prior version, although I wouldn't go past the 1998 version.

lmgonza2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Status (Visible)
So.....I've been outta school for 2 years now....I wanted to bone up on the basics over the summmer....(anatomy, hist, path, biochem) Do you think obtainng some old dental decks would be a good review before starting school this fall?

Or should i just look through old textbooks?
Thanks in advance!!

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Originally posted by lmgonza2
So.....I've been outta school for 2 years now....I wanted to bone up on the basics over the summmer....(anatomy, hist, path, biochem) Do you think obtainng some old dental decks would be a good review before starting school this fall?

Or should i just look through old textbooks?
Thanks in advance!!

Absolutely. Looking through old textbooks is valuable, but the Decks are high-yield for the NBDE I, which means the material is fairly important.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.