New Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denticized

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are rumors about new dental schools: one is the Virginia OD school that is supposedly going to start taking d-students (I dont know where the second one is)

Does any one know if this is true?

Isn't this bad for the market if they just keep opening schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard possibly in Utah but the local dentists feel that it is already overpopulate with dentists and are opposing it.

good luck!

From a pretty valid source...there are two d.s.opening next year. One in Arizona and one in North Carolina. And that is all I do belive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Az is next year and East carolina is the year after I think.

Utah won't happen in the next five years.:)

Current info I have from having gone to an interview at UNLV where they presented it to us is

AZ will accept for 2008

Carolina will accept for 2010.

Rumors have been going around about Utah now for a while...but that's all they have been, no actual firm stuff. Another rumor that just started...or perhaps I'm starting it, is that Western University (a private health professionals school in the pomona area of LA) is starting to look into opening a school. From what the rumor mill has spread, they've started contacting local dentists about professorships.

there is definitely a school opening in virginia...right near virginia tech [blacksburg]

but it will not be affiliated with the v.tech....