New developments in neurosci?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

closertofine

Emerging from hibernation
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm supposed to put together a presentation for an elective class about some kind of recent development (study, technique, etc...a controlled trial would be best) that will change the practice of neurosurgery in some way. I've tried searching based on areas that interest me, but that doesn't seem to be the best way to go about it. Does anyone know, is there any particularly good website/journal that would be a good place to start? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

closertofine said:
So I'm supposed to put together a presentation for an elective class about some kind of recent development (study, technique, etc...a controlled trial would be best) that will change the practice of neurosurgery in some way. I've tried searching based on areas that interest me, but that doesn't seem to be the best way to go about it. Does anyone know, is there any particularly good website/journal that would be a good place to start? Thanks!

Check the online JAMA archives.

closertofine said:

how about fMRI as a localization for SMA instead of the old fashioned Ojemann stimulator? Don't know if there's a study on it or not but it might be somewhere.. try to look it up on medline or ovid.

Deep brain stimulators.

Or there's a guy doing a really cool trial of cerebral implants in quadraplegics. He's at Brown.