new DO medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WWU_Viking

So I live in Washington State, with only one medical school (MD). An osteopathic medical school will now be opening:

http://www.pnuhs.org/index.shtml

Just thought I'd shout it out, maybe some of you already know.
First class`~Fall 2008

Members don't see this ad.

WWU_Viking said:
So I live in Washington State, with only one medical school (MD). An osteopathic medical school will now be opening:

http://www.pnuhs.org/index.shtml

Just thought I'd shout it out, maybe some of you already know.
First class`~Fall 2008
I saw this and laughed. Did anyone else notcie if you say the acronym for the college phoenetically it sound like "penis?"

I'm predental, but I kind of want to apply to the "penis" school :laugh:

Yeah, this school has been in the works for a while now. I live here in Ellensburg (we kill you guys every year in the battle in Seattle!!!) and I would stay away from this school for a couple of years. It was suppose to open this year but they just broke ground on the campus etc. It will have good medical access in Yakima but that's about it. I know the president and he seems driven but it will be a very small school. Go somewhere already established I say.

Members don't see this ad :)
armorshell said:
I saw this and laughed. Did anyone else notcie if you say the acronym for the college phoenetically it sound like "penis?"

lachen014.gif

those of us in this app cycle can always try to transfer there :)

n0chi said:
those of us in this app cycle can always try to transfer there :)

Or you could go to Pikeville and do all of your 3rd and 4th year in Yakima.

Or, if you're from the NW, you can go to COMP and be in the Northwest Track.

kafrinkabluejay said:
Or, if you're from the NW, you can go to COMP and be in the Northwest Track.

if they ever come up with rotation sites or residencies....I have sent them numerous requests for a list of rotation sites in the nw and have never gotten a reply.....if anyone here is in the nw track please post this info-thanks

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Honestly, I'd love to go there. I live in Eastern WA right now.

OK, UNECOM is no longer my favorite DO program.

First specialty DO school: Instead of primary care, their emphasis is urology. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let me continue my ranting questioning in this thread. It has now been over a week since the December meeting, and still there has been no info provided about how this schools' site review/pre-accreditation went.

Nothing on the PNUHS or AOA site. Neither have responded to emails.

Let me continue to beat my dead horse of a question...anyone know anything more regarding the pre-accred. results?