Quantcast

New DO School , tuition waved?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queen_raychel

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey guys! Sam Houston State University will be opening up a new D.O program "sam houston state university college of osteopathic medicine" in 2020. Do you think they will waive the tuition fee? I know UT Rio Grande and Austin's Med schools gave their med students free tuition for the first class. What do you guys think? (and I am from TX graduating in 2020). Here's the link below. Thanks in advance!!!

https://www.shsu.edu/dotAsset/66327f19-caf2-4059-9369-f47c0448a997.pdf

CastleG8

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Private? TCU and UIWSOM both private, now this? Slow down with the new schools. Texas just got TTEP, RGV, UIWSOM, Dell, coming soon TCU and Sam Houston...

Last edited:

MADD!!!

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Private? TCU and UIWSOM both private, now this? Slow down with the new schools. Texas just got TTEP, RGV, UIWSOM, Dell, coming soon TCU and Sam Houston...

At least they're funneling resources to create residencies as well!

Peach Newport

board certified in jewish dermatology
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A new, unproven osteopathic medical school waiving first year's tuition?

Where's that gif of the 3 guys throwing their heads back and laughing when you need it?

Reactions: 5 users

austintr

5000 candles in the wind
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not to mention that means a school would have 100% overhead and a fraction of that in revenue for the first year. Would you go work for a company that doesn't pay you the first year? It's a similar concept. Wouldn't count on it.

sjcha

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wishful thinking.. I'm not, not down though :greedy:

JoeUSA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Sam Houston State University will be opening up a new D.O program "sam houston state university college of osteopathic medicine" in 2020. Do you think they will waive the tuition fee? I know UT Rio Grande and Austin's Med schools gave their med students free tuition for the first class. What do you guys think? (and I am from TX graduating in 2020). Here's the link below. Thanks in advance!!!

https://www.shsu.edu/dotAsset/66327f19-caf2-4059-9369-f47c0448a997.pdf

This is amazing. Free tuition at a new MD school in Texas:
First students at Fort Worth medical school will get free tuition for a year | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Reactions: 1 user

CastleG8

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
But then tuition for years 2-4 are around 50k/year right? No thanks. One of the great things about Texas public med schools is that low capped tuition. TCU ends up costing $100k more than TCOM or any other public med school even with that year of free tuition.

For contrast, TCOM costs $11K for the first year tuition, in the same city and just $8k tuition 2nd year tuition.

Last edited: