New Emergency Medicine Residency Program at Level 1 Trauma Center in Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm pretty crispy. But you got the idea.
If you cant justify your worth to a company... you're fired.

We need 200% less "District Regional Vice Ass Kisser Directors"

and we need 100% more ANIMAL MOTHERS.
I am NOT going to "eat the peanuts out of your ****".

(True story: if you want some (mild) entertainment, find the story online about the guy that wrote FMJ (Michael Herr, who wrote the screenplay with Stanley Kubrick and +/- Hasford) and meeting Gus Hasford.)

Edit: klutzy typing

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I IVed at this place got good vibes, definitely going to be better than some programs I IVed at.

Would I rather TeamHealth wasn't behind this ....? Of course, but damn you guys are savage on here.

I think we're kind of savage because we've worked and trained in good hospitals where we would be happy to receive care for ourselves or our families and we have seen what TeamHealth and their peers are doing to the field it kills us to see where the field is headed. Maybe they'll provide good training, but I kind of doubt it:(

Reactions: 1 user
Of course, we need even more residency programs. This just popped up today.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 12.59.08 PM.png

• Dislike
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
An interesting data point: We had over 100 applicants for the 8 spots in our brand new UHS/Envision residency. Another doctor, without prompting said to me yesterday: "Those poor bastards aren't going to get the best training here!"

An interesting data point: We had over 100 applicants for the 8 spots in our brand new UHS/Envision residency. Another doctor, without prompting said to me yesterday: "Those poor bastards aren't going to get the best training here!"

Just push em through Nobody will be the wiser

Are they just going to have you supervise a resident instead of a PA?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That's the goal. The hospital and Envision view residents as cheap source of labor. We will see how this shakes out.
I mean **** CMGs but you think any hospital views them differently?

Yes, actually our residency once told us the hospital doesn't necessarily want residents because it's easier to employ PAs that you don't have to teach.

I guess that's the kicker: they spent time and money to teach us, and the faculty wanted to do it so the hospital was fine with it.

Our program also protected us from BS and pulled us from off service rotations when we gave feedback that the rotation sucked or they were using us for some service that didn't contribute to our education.

So I think we were viewed differently, but again much of that was because there was/is a strong faculty panel that wants a residency.
I mean **** CMGs but you think any hospital views them differently?