New Florida Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halesvet

UPenn c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So there is a whole nother batch of people applying to UF this year, so I thought we'd start another thread for this round!

As of right now I know there isn't really going to be any info about interviews until February, but I'm just really anxious waiting for all my other school to contact me so I thought I'd start a thread about this one.

A couple weeks ago I got an email saying that I had an "application deficiency" which freaked me out. As it turns out, my Kutztown transcript lumps my science classes with labs as one course instead of included the labs as a separate course, so UF thought that I never took a microbiology lab. Luckily it all worked out and Lynnette Chaparro was really helpful

thats my last update. any news from anyone??

Members don't see this ad.

Yay a florida thread!!! (And I didn't have to start it!)

No new email news for me, though the website has shown that they have all my materials for awhile now.

I do have a question for everyone, should they choose to answer...

Did anyone else feel a little bit weird sending them a picture of themselves? I mean, I've done the whole 'take a picture at the interview' thing... but it took me awhile to figure out what picture to send them... A head shot? Me doing something? I don't take a lot of pictures of myself, and I didn't want to do a Myspace Pic (you know the kind), so I was a little, "eh?"

(I ended up sending in a picture that I had cropped to the right size, you can just barely see the head of the animal I'm holding in that pic... which I'm sure is both ackward and just like everyone else sending An Animal Pic, lol.)

Now we just have to wait until Feb or so. Assuming they'll send out early rejection letters before then, I don't want to hear from them for a Long Time! :laugh:

Oh you. Find a nice recliner, Hale, because it's going to be a while before you hear anything else from UF. lol ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh RockStarKDub, I was hoping you'd head over here... any chance you might hop onto the factors thread, http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=580221

and tell us how wonderful it is being a gator? No one else has said moo over there yet about Florida.... :D Pretty please? I bet I'm not the only one who would love to hear about it.

Being a Gator is, without question, AMAZING!

Other than that, sit back, relax, and wait, because we won't hear anything until Valentine's Day.

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

I too got an e-mail about a transcript deficiency, which was really odd since i sent all my transcripts the same day and the other schools got them. i e-mailed Lynette and asked if i should send them again and i never got a reply back so i just resent them anyways... :confused:

I'll just echo what Bcrunner1313 said. I wouldn't trade being a Gator for anything! And yeah, it sucks, but they'll mail out interview invitations in February, and that's the next time we'll hear from them. In the meantime, if you're encountering any problems, Halesvet is absolutely right -- Lynnette is super helpful and nice!