Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
So I am an upcoming graduate this May and I have two job offers at the moment plus one potential one.
#1- The first offer is from Walgreens in a somewhat middle-of-nowhere location. It would be about a 50 min drive where I am currently living and would like to work. I could potentially be moved closer to my town by the end of summer but it is not guaranteed. However, they are offering a 20k taxable sign-on bonus for a 2-year commitment and a salary of $126,880/year for 40-hr work wks. As a grad intern, I start at $30.50/hr until licensed. Benefits plus 3 -week starting PTO
#2- My second offer is with Alberstons in my current area but I would start as a floater. There is a staff opening about 30 min from where I live that I really want to be placed eventually. My old preceptor works there and recommended me, and I've already met the manager and some of the staff. So hopefully I wouldn't stay a floater for very long. However the float range involves perhaps driving to 1-1.5hr away locations in the middle of nowhere. As a grad intern I start at $37.70 and then with my license I move to an hourly rate of $63 w/ standard 40 hr work weeks. I really like Alby's and would like the chance to work as a staff pharmacist for a great store, but it's not guaranteed. Pays more in the long run than Walgreen's, but also no bonus and no staff starting position. Benefits plus 96 hours PTO
#3- Just finished a phone interview with the Rite Aid regional manager and I know it went really well. She said she wants the district manager to look at my info right away but he left for vacation and won't be back for 10 days. This job is in Bend, OR is the true place I want to be since my SO will be there for a year for his rotations. With the other two offers, I'll be 3 hrs away. But in this case, I would start as floater and full time for Rite Aid is considered 30 hrs with all the benefits. Float range would be small but then I don't know yet the compensations, etc.
The tricky part here is that Alby's only gave a week to respond to the offer so I can risk and wait for Rite Aid and fall back on Walgreens if needed. I would take Rite Aid right away if the offer is somewhat decent but I haven't heard the best about this company. I really like the recruited I talked to though and she made me excited to work for them. I know this is a lot but thanks to anyone who read through this and can offer some insight. Does anyone have any thoughts about floating or working for Walgreens, Alby's or Rite Aid?
So I am an upcoming graduate this May and I have two job offers at the moment plus one potential one.
#1- The first offer is from Walgreens in a somewhat middle-of-nowhere location. It would be about a 50 min drive where I am currently living and would like to work. I could potentially be moved closer to my town by the end of summer but it is not guaranteed. However, they are offering a 20k taxable sign-on bonus for a 2-year commitment and a salary of $126,880/year for 40-hr work wks. As a grad intern, I start at $30.50/hr until licensed. Benefits plus 3 -week starting PTO
#2- My second offer is with Alberstons in my current area but I would start as a floater. There is a staff opening about 30 min from where I live that I really want to be placed eventually. My old preceptor works there and recommended me, and I've already met the manager and some of the staff. So hopefully I wouldn't stay a floater for very long. However the float range involves perhaps driving to 1-1.5hr away locations in the middle of nowhere. As a grad intern I start at $37.70 and then with my license I move to an hourly rate of $63 w/ standard 40 hr work weeks. I really like Alby's and would like the chance to work as a staff pharmacist for a great store, but it's not guaranteed. Pays more in the long run than Walgreen's, but also no bonus and no staff starting position. Benefits plus 96 hours PTO
#3- Just finished a phone interview with the Rite Aid regional manager and I know it went really well. She said she wants the district manager to look at my info right away but he left for vacation and won't be back for 10 days. This job is in Bend, OR is the true place I want to be since my SO will be there for a year for his rotations. With the other two offers, I'll be 3 hrs away. But in this case, I would start as floater and full time for Rite Aid is considered 30 hrs with all the benefits. Float range would be small but then I don't know yet the compensations, etc.
The tricky part here is that Alby's only gave a week to respond to the offer so I can risk and wait for Rite Aid and fall back on Walgreens if needed. I would take Rite Aid right away if the offer is somewhat decent but I haven't heard the best about this company. I really like the recruited I talked to though and she made me excited to work for them. I know this is a lot but thanks to anyone who read through this and can offer some insight. Does anyone have any thoughts about floating or working for Walgreens, Alby's or Rite Aid?