New Here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rbt118

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've just finished all of my secondaries, and now that i have time to freak out due to all of my extra time thinking, I stumbled across these forums. I would of course like to know what ya'll think about my odds of getting into...
PCOM:
CCOM:
WV:
NY:
MSU:
I'm a philadelphia resident.
3.45 overall gpa, 3.3 science gpa, 25N twice, 9B, 8V, 8P / 8B, 8V, 9P
excellent resume: (important stuff is)
Research on malaria at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research for 7 months while in school (co-op program/penn state)
Research on blood coagulation at children's hospital of philadelphia since june and continue until DO school (co-op program/penn state)
I appreciate all of your help and easing of the mind.
Research Plant Pathology two years, penn state

Members don't see this ad.

Rbt118 said:
Hey everyone,
I've just finished all of my secondaries, and now that i have time to freak out due to all of my extra time thinking, I stumbled across these forums. I would of course like to know what ya'll think about my odds of getting into...
PCOM:
CCOM:
WV:
NY:
MSU:
I'm a philadelphia resident.
3.45 overall gpa, 3.3 science gpa, 25N twice, 9B, 8V, 8P / 8B, 8V, 9P
excellent resume: (important stuff is)
Research on malaria at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research for 7 months while in school (co-op program/penn state)
Research on blood coagulation at children's hospital of philadelphia since june and continue until DO school (co-op program/penn state)
I appreciate all of your help and easing of the mind.
Research Plant Pathology two years, penn state
welcome :)

Welcome to SDN. Your chances? Everyone can offer you a p.o.v. but it is a pretty complex process. I've heard of people with much lower numbers getting in. You should check out each school's website. They often list the GPA/MCATs of their incoming class. I emailed ones that didn't and they got back to me. Or check out mdapplicants.com and search by school. Then you'll see where you fit in numbers-wise.

I think you still stand a chance. They also like to see that you have more clinical experience as well (if you just didn't list them it's fine). If you would have applied earlier, your chances would have been even better, but don't give up hope. It's not too late. Good luck!