new info about NYU waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuteDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I am just off the phone with NYU.
I asked them what's going on with NYU waitlist.
And here are the answers...

Waitlistees will be reviewed on Apr 1st which is the deadline for NYU.
And the class is almost full (they all put deposits already).
They will be conducting interviews continuously since they know that there are some applicants who has really high stats but applied late.
The waitlist is about 200 people long. And there might be a chance that they might add more waitlistee since the class is almost full and there are qualified interviewees.
When the Apr 1st comes, they will review our whole application again and select us from there.

I really don't know what to think about this 200 people long.
What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys
I am just off the phone with NYU.
I asked them what's going on with NYU waitlist.
And here are the answers...

Waitlistees will be reviewed on Apr 1st which is the deadline for NYU.
And the class is almost full (they all put deposits already).
They will be conducting interviews continuously since they know that there are some applicants who has really high stats but applied late.
The waitlist is about 200 people long. And there might be a chance that they might add more waitlistee since the class is almost full and there are qualified interviewees.
When the Apr 1st comes, they will review our whole application again and select us from there.

What do you guys think?

can anybody say "eenee-meenee-myneee-moe" :laugh:

just relax, people will drop some seats. i know someone who got interviewed in april last year and accepted about 2-3 weeks later.

they told me they are ordering the waitlists people based on merit only.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean based on merit?
What is that by? GPA? DAT? GPA improvement ?

What do you guys think?

That's a sizeable waitlist. Reassessing 200 applicants is no small task - if they are discounting an interviewers assessment of the individual, and going straight from merit ... it's going to be a free for all.

they told me they are ordering the waitlists people based on merit only.

Well crap, I was hoping they would do it by shoe size. Oh well there's always next year right?

How many NYU waitlistees are here in SDN?
Anyone???

How many NYU waitlistees are here in SDN?
Anyone???

I happen to the President of the NYU waitlist club, oh & the same is true for Columbia's waitlist since Dec, so I know how you guys are feeling. Hang in there & I'm sure we'll get our prize soon! :)

I happen to the President of the NYU waitlist club, oh & the same is true for Columbia's waitlist since Dec, so I know how you guys are feeling. Hang in there & I'm sure we'll get our prize soon! :)

Same here - waitlisted at both. Stony Brook hasn't even sent me a rejection letter yet - AADSAS app was completed in July. I'm lucky to be a NY resident :thumbup:

anyone know if people were actually taken off the waitlist last year at NYU?

Same here - waitlisted at both. Stony Brook hasn't even sent me a rejection letter yet - AADSAS app was completed in July. I'm lucky to be a NY resident :thumbup:

PennPB, I'm a NY resident, where in NY do you live?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if people were actually taken off the waitlist last year at NYU?

Yes, based on my long research last night in SDN (which I regret spending too much time on it. now my neck hurts), I found out that there were about 7 waitlistee last year and 5 of them got off the list. And I don't know what happened to the other two. However, they all interviewed late around March, April, and even May, and most got off around May 1st week and 2nd week which I am guessing right after the second deposit day of accepted people, and a few got off in August.

Well...I just forfeited my deposit so I hope one of you gets my spot. Good luck!