New Integrated Plastic Surgery Program at LSU-New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mstald1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a resident in the LSU-New Orleans Plastic Surgery program. At the request of my program director, Dr. Dupin, I am posting this here to inform all of you that we just recieved approval for a new 6 year integrated program, with 2 resident positions each year. This program will begin in June of 2014, and we will be interviewing for the positions in this application cycle (date to be determined). Being somewhat late in the application cycle, we will be unable to accept applications through ERAS. However, we do expect to be a part of the match, and will be accepting applications directly. Applications and inquiries can be sent to Leti Borrouso in the Department of Surgery at LSU. You should be able to obtain a copy of your completed ERAS application that can be printed and mailed or emailed directly. I will also be available to answer any questions through my email, which I will also provide. Good luck to all of you, and I hope we hear from you soon.

Leti Borrouso
[email protected]
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
1542 Tulane Ave
7th Floor
New Orleans, LA 70112

Mark Stalder, MD
Resident
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I guess it's been awhile since I applied to residency and I've forgotten exactly what you get with the ERAS application. As the result of a number of inquiries it has come to my attention that neither USMLE scores nor letters of recommendation are included in the ERAS file that can be downloaded and sent to us. So my suggestion would be to include that information with the application you send to us by whatever means you find most convenient, likely dependent upon your particular institution. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.