New Jersey DPT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT_SS

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I didn't see a specific forum for NJ DPT programs, if anyone wants to share their experiences, interviews, acceptances, rejection, etc. feel free. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe rutgers is the only one to send out decisions. I haven't heard back from kean, seton hall, or stockton

I believe rutgers is the only one to send out decisions. I haven't heard back from kean, seton hall, or stockton
Stockton has sent out their first round of acceptances last week! They were sent by mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I didn't see a specific forum for NJ DPT programs, if anyone wants to share their experiences, interviews, acceptances, rejection, etc. feel free. Thanks!!
Kean will not even be evaluating applications until around march allegedly. Seton Hall will be around January.

I got waitlisted to Stockton! Anyone going there for sure?

Good Morning,

Rutgers South and Stockton University have started giving out admission decisions. I received mine from both schools on 12/21.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from stockton? Im waiting for the letter but have not gotten anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Both Rutgers South & Stockton do not let us know our rank from the waitlist :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody hear anything from Kean?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I haven't heard anything from Kean but on this thread someone said that they won't be starting the admissions process until March due to accreditation status so it could be a while until we hear.

Has anyone heard from Seton Hall? (aside from the email from November stating decisions would go out beginning January) This is one of my top choices and I'm getting nervous..

Has anyone heard from Seton Hall? (aside from the email from November stating decisions would go out beginning January) This is one of my top choices and I'm getting nervous..
Not yet, most schools don't send faculty back until the second. Its only the third so you have nothing to be nervous about just yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! Have you made a decision yet?

Yes, I’ll be going to Drexel University. I didn’t like Rutgers South because the classes are split up between the Blackwood, Camden, and Stratford Campuses. I also didn’t like Stockton because their size and lack of resource.

I haven't heard anything from Kean but on this thread someone said that they won't be starting the admissions process until March due to accreditation status so it could be a while until we hear.

Be careful with Kean. They’ve been applying for accredidation for a while now. You can’t take the boards if you received your Doctorate from an unaccredited program. I’d wait until they officially become accredited before attending that program.

Be careful with Kean. They’ve been applying for accredidation for a while now. You can’t take the boards if you received your Doctorate from an unaccredited program. I’d wait until they officially become accredited before attending that program.
I’ve been hearing that they are supposed to get this March, or some time before we start the program.
Yes, I’ll be going to Drexel University. I didn’t like Rutgers South because the classes are split up between the Blackwood, Camden, and Stratford Campuses. I also didn’t like Stockton because their size and lack of resource.
I understand! Well congrats with your decision!

What didn't you like about Stockton specifically if you don't mind me asking? I am currently stuck between Drexel and Stockton and any help one way or another would be great!

I just got a call from Seton Hall confirming my acceptance!!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got a call from Seton Hall confirming my acceptance!!
Congrats!! Is this the first you're hearing from them since applying or did you receive an email or letter prior?

Congrats!! Is this the first you're hearing from them since applying or did you receive an email or letter prior?
Thank you!! I got an email way back in November, but this is the first official contact after that mass email

Congrats!! Also applied, do you mind sharing your stats?
yeah sure!
Undergrad: Saint Peter's University
Major: Health and Physical Education/ Bio minor
Overall GPA: 3.79
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8-9 depending
GRE Scores: Q 150 V 150 AW 4.0
Hours: over 2000 outpatient (work), 50 different outpatient setting
LOR: 1 PT, 2 professor

yeah sure!
Undergrad: Saint Peter's University
Major: Health and Physical Education/ Bio minor
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8-9 depending
GRE Scores: Q 150 V 150 AW 4.0
Hours: over 2000 outpatient (work), 50 different outpatient setting
LOR: 1 PT, 2 professor
Fantastic stats! Are you admitting?

Fantastic stats! Are you admitting?
Thanks! I want to say i will but I'm having second thoughts due to the high cost. I think the deciding factor will be how i feel about the staff and the overall program - since I've yet to visit. Is seton hall your top choice?

Thanks! I want to say i will but I'm having second thoughts due to the high cost. I think the deciding factor will be how i feel about the staff and the overall program - since I've yet to visit. Is seton hall your top choice?
Hmm no, I would like to stay in NYC but if that's the only option then I will go there (if i get accepted). My close friends are in the second year, the cost is def a dilemma but other than that the program is good :) good luck

Just got the email from Kean regarding interviews and accreditation. They're sending out interview invitations the week of the 21st ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Just got the email from Kean regarding interviews and accreditation. They're sending out interview invitations the week of the 21st ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Same! I really hope the accreditation decision comes quickly.

For anyone who was accepted to Rutgers North, did you guys get a confirmation of your deposit and the papers you handed in?

What didn't you like about Stockton specifically if you don't mind me asking? I am currently stuck between Drexel and Stockton and any help one way or another would be great!

I didn’t like Stockton for a few reasons. The size (and resources) available for the program is substantially less than competitive programs. Stockton also does not integrate clinical experience before clinical rotations, which Drexel does. Also, the school seems to prioritize campus expansion rather than developing their graduate programs.

Stockton is a much smaller program, which is nice since it has a smaller faculty to student ratio. However, the trade off is that you don’t have access to valuable resources that larger programs have. Larger programs tend to have faculty operated clinics, which students are invited to observe/shadow their professors in action. Drexel has multiple faculty operated clinics on campus, which is available to all of their PT students. Also, since Drexel is in Philadelphia; they have access and contracts with substantially more clinical education sites than Stockton.

I attended Stockton as an undergraduate student and graduated from their Health Science program. Over the last five years, most of their campus development projects have been aimed at expanding their campus and growing into Atlantic City, rather than developing their own academic programs. Until last year, they never officially had a distinct PT building. The classrooms were scattered across the campus, mixed in with the undergraduate classes. Although they did centralize all their PT classes into one building (one floor, actually), each cohort only has one actual classroom for all of their classes. Although it would be nice to finish my education at the school I started, I’m seeking a change of scenery and will be attending Drexel.

Has anyone heard from Kean this week? They stated that they would be sending out interview invites the week of the 21st.

I received an interview at Kean today

I got their invitation for the interview on feb 15th, but mostly not going since I am not sure if they get the accreditation

I got their invitation for the interview on feb 15th, but mostly not going since I am not sure if they get the accreditation
Yeah, thats one aspect that concerns me. They make it to appear that the program looks promising accreditation wise but you can never be sure until a verdict is reached. Have you committed to any school yet?

It’s your decision, but it doesn’t hurt going and if they aren’t accredited, don’t commit. That’s just my opinion! Good luck

Yeah, thats one aspect that concerns me. They make it to appear that the program looks promising accreditation wise but you can never be sure until a verdict is reached. Have you committed to any school yet?

Got accepted to rugters south, but waitlisted to some schools in Nyc, I mostly want to commit the schools in nyc, but it doesn’t work I would be rather going to rugters south than kean, so I prob wont even bother going to the interview

Got accepted to rugters south, but waitlisted to some schools in Nyc, I mostly want to commit the schools in nyc, but it doesn’t work I would be rather going to rugters south than kean, so I prob wont even bother going to the interview
Same here, im waitlisted at my #1 choice in NYC and hoping that pulls through.

Did anyone go to Kean’s interview on the 15th? I’m going on the 22nd and was wondering if it’s a group interview because the email did not specify

Anyone else go to Kean’s interview? I went out of curiosity even though I technically accepted a program and I’m shocked how much I liked their program, anyone else?

Anyone else go to Kean’s interview? I went out of curiosity even though I technically accepted a program and I’m shocked how much I liked their program, anyone else?

I really liked the program too!

I’m wondering if kean got accreditation yet ?