New Jersey Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yyl1014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am invited for interview by the New Jersey Dental School. I am so excited and nervous. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to prepare for it? How is the interview? What kinds of questions do they ask? Do they schedule interview first or tour? Do the interview “first come first serve”? What are the general processes in the school? How about the family members you bring with you? So I can have a general idea. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I just came back from an interview at NJ today. The interview was more like a conversation; the doctor who interviewed me was enthusiastic in explaining the pros of the school and was extremely kind throughout. Interviews are the first order of the day; the interviewers come for you while you and the other students wait in a conference room. There was a dental student there to talk to us while we waited. With the interview out of the way, you're free to take in the presentations and facilities in a much more relaxed state.
A few parents came along, and they sat to the side in the conference room and accompanied us on the tour of the dental school. Hope you enjoy, and good luck!

jleefe summed it all up very well. My interviewer asked a lot of school-related questions, so definitely come prepared with answers, but he was very friendly and folksy throughout.

The admissions officers who led the tour and presentations were all professors themselves. They were far from stuffy: they cracked a lot of jokes and, more importantly, obviously really loved the school and really cared about what they were doing.

The financial aid officer gave a comprehensive presentation, and was as entertaining as one can be on this topic.

The day ended with a nice lunch, accompanied by two dental students who talked about their experiences and answered questions. The faculty members left the room for this portion of the tour.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much for your information, but I am still very nervous. I am also worried about the transportation. I live in Brooklyn, New York and how can I go to the school by train/subway?

Get to new york penn station and then take the nj transit to newark there are plenty of trains get off at the newark penn station and then just cab it. dont walk around newark. ok. take it easy good luck and pm if you need anything else.