New Medical School Blog - Depression

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedicalSchoolExpressions

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have started a new blog to chronicle my route from pre-med to medical school ultimately resulting in a leave of absence due to struggles with depression. I will be heading back to school this summer and hope to help raise unfiltered awareness about medical school from my perspective (I am well aware that I don't speak the sentiments of all by any means). Overall I hope it might be of some help or interest to other pre-med or current medical students with their path.

I can't have the exact link because of this being a new account but the blog can be found at (with a dot between the words of course):
medicalschoolexpressions wordpress com

The blog starting to address the topic of depression is "A Year Off - Full Disclosure"
(not all topics by any means will be discussing depression but rather vary extensively)

[I am a long time member of SDN but of course have created a new account in hopes of maintaining some anonymity]
 
Last edited:
I have uploaded a new post today with the anticipation of uploading a new post each Sunday. This post goes into a few more details of what I was able to accomplish during my leave of absence that has ultimately led to my decision to continue with the medical school path.

medicalschoolexpressions wordpress com

[This will be the only time that I bump my own thread; thanks for those that have checked out the blog so far]