New Member!! DAT question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NGilles001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, ive tried looking everywhere for the importance of several sections on the DAT. My results from my first attempt 9/13/11 are as follows:

PA: 19
QR: 18
RC:30
Bio: 19
GC:17
OC:17
TS:18
AA:20

i know my scores are only average, but i think the RC stands out. how important is this section to the admissions committee? any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

how in the world did u get 30 on rc !! wow !! im so jealous ! great job ! :D
and to ur question, im not sure.... but i think rc is important cuz it shows that u can handle all the scientific readings in dental school. they even have cutoffs for rc...

lol thanks. I assume its because i answered 100% of the questions correctly? The RC portion is the only part where the answers are provided...its just a matter of finding them. i figured they can teach me biology and chemistry, but not how to read

Wow... 30 on RC.

To put it in perspective, the national average is 17 I believe. You should be good to go with a solid GPA.

If you go here:
http://www.ada.org/sections/professionalResources/pdfs/survey_ed_vol2.pdf
and scroll to page 33, there is a ranking of every section and the importance that each school places on each section.

Also, apparently there is a study that shows that high RC scores correlate strongly with strong dental school academic performance, though I couldn't find it when I just googled it..