This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Longhorn23

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I am new to this but I have been browsing through the messages for a couple of weeks now. It's really great to see so many friendly ppl (pharmacy ppl) together!
I am prepharmacy student /Biochem major at the Uof Texas and have applied to pharmacy school at the same uni. My interview is mid April.
I just wanted to introduce myself and thank all the ppl here who share their thoughts because I think it is really going to help me in my interview!

Members don't see this ad.

hey longhorn,

there are several fellow longhorns on this forum, including myself, so feel free to drop me a line sometime if you have any questions. i'm sure i'll have some questions for you whenever you interview to see what dr. richards has said about the acceptances. the wait is already driving me crazy.
did they give you several options for your interview dates? did you apply to any other schools?
take care.

m.

Originally posted by emogrrrrl
hey longhorn,

there are several fellow longhorns on this forum, including myself, so feel free to drop me a line sometime if you have any questions. i'm sure i'll have some questions for you whenever you interview to see what dr. richards has said about the acceptances. the wait is already driving me crazy.
did they give you several options for your interview dates? did you apply to any other schools?
take care.

m.
Thanks emogrrrl. I have been given a couple of interviewdates to choose from and I'm supposed to call them at a particular number to schedule it but the line is always busy!!
I only applied to UT coz my hubby works here and we don't want to move(he'll have a hard time finding a job in this market). I don't think I have much chance this time coz I had to apply as an international student and last yr they didn't take any int students. Anyways I will let you know how it goes. Take care

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I'm applying to UT pharmacy too - I also want to stay in Austin because my boyfriend does not want me to move! Your husband is right about the job market for now, but things seem to be looking up. My boyfriend works for Dell and they have recently started hiring more (supposedly they were on a hiring freeze before that). My company is also hiring like crazy right now. So maybe next year the job market will be good enough for you to look at some other schools if you don't get in to UT this year. That's harsh about UT not taking any international students. Would you be able to apply as a resident next year? Good luck to you on your interview. I had mine a while back and it was not too stressful. You can PM me if you have questions! And do post if you have any good info about admissions notification timelines!
Shannon

That's harsh about UT not taking any international students. Would you be able to apply as a resident next year? Good luck to you on your interview. I had mine a while back and it was not too stressful. You can PM me if you have questions! And do post if you have any good info about admissions notification timelines!
Shannon [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Shannon ,
Nice to meet you! I'll probably be a resident next year. Though we both applied for residency together my husband got his earlier than mine and I'm stuck:( just when I really need it and he doesn't.
In you interview did they say anything about when they are goin to let you know? I was wondering if they have a rolling admissions process. I know this person in my class who interviewed in March but has not heared anything from them yet.
But the COP did say that they will let everybody know by June 1 the latest .
Will let you know if I hear anything more.Take care
That's harsh about UT not taking any international students. Would you be able to apply as a resident next year? Good luck to you on your interview. I had mine a while back and it was not too stressful. You can PM me if you have questions! And do post if you have any good info about admissions notification timelines!

I'm also applying this year and had my interview in late March. Still haven't heard from them..... I've heard a few have received theirs already (4.0 probably).

Good luck to everyone!