• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

maybemed2013

Sep 13, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Edited..
This summer I will be graduating and starting my journey as a non-traditional.

In Aug-Nov ...study MCAT with Princeton Review
Nov-Jan take princeton Review Online course.
Shadow MD and DOs Aug-Jan
After MCAT become a tutor for MCAT or for science courses.
Any thoughts.

I have about 200 hrs of volunteering.. I am will not have time for more.
---was a mentor, an interpreter of Haitian Creole at a free health clinic, nursing home, and random uni events.

I have a 3.699 now and will probably graduate with a 3.7 hopefully.

I am also a URM--black female american born with Caribbean parents and live in south Florida.

Last edited:
About the Ads

help2

5+ Year Member
May 11, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So this summer I plan to start studying the verbal mcat with Examkrackers 101.

I can't speak for everyone, but I found Examkrackers to be awful for MCAT verbal. Their questions were nothing like the actual verbal questions on the practice tests, and their books had all sorts of typos. I highly recommend Kaplan over them- it's very similar to the real test.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Then after I take the mcat to do research and get any job preferably a tutor.......

It may sound crazy, but try getting a job now as a MCAT trainer. EK is always looking for people and you be surprised; might as well get paid for preppin. You certainly get good an MCAT by teaching a class. Send me a PM and i can put you in touch in with someone (No I don't work for EK or get any referral fees)

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Ironically, I would agree with that the questions are not the best, yet a few ideas from the now dated audio osmosis were by far the best help for verbal as well as the rest of the MCAT. to paraphrase the reason why students dont finish the MCAT is because they dont finish. Basically, timing and and discipline on timing. There is absolutely no reason for running out of time. You need to have a set limit on time per question , eliminate what you answers you can and guess by that time, then move on. Also, never go back to passage. answer will not be there.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.