There are 2 universities in NM, so the grad student impact is minimal; this was a grass roots effort from the start from licensed psychologists. However, the students are excited about it. I wonder how many pro and con RxP folks have ever been to NM?? I am not talking about a trip to Santa Fe, but really seen the state? I have been a few times, and have seen north to south; they need all the help they can get!! It is a beautiful state with alot of problems. There are many stretches of 3-400 miles where the only medical care is tribal, and only open to tribal members (federally funded). It is not so much that psych care is needed, but more so that any and all medical services are needed. Holier than thou types on both sides should go see what life is like in rural America before they preach what they do not understand. NM will be a rock for RxP, as there are so many in need.
🙂