new nbme form 8 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre med 2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will new form 8 be hard to use as a predictor if your exam is in a week? Considering your score is compared with people taking it "right now" and the form has only been out a few days... not a very big sample size to gauge where you stand.

That being said, those who tok it post (a) your score; (b) how far along your prep you are/when your exam is; (c) scores on UWSA1 and 2, NBME 4,6,7 if applicable

Members don't see this ad.

UWSA-1 - 248 (28 jan, 73% correct) 10 wks out
NBME-8 - 245 (24 feb, 86% correct) 6 weeks out

Last edited:
NBME 6: 209 on 01/23/18 (wtf?)
NBME 7: 218 on 02/04/18 (okay... not as bad as I thought... lots of room for improvement)
NBME 8: 247 on 02/19/18 (wow! I'm not that stupid after all!?)
UW First Pass: 72%

I'll be taking UWSA1 and UWSA2 in 2 weeks. I'm exactly 3 weeks out and I finished UW. Planning on another super quick pass of UW again and focusing on incorrects, ANKI, and trying to get through FA. I'm actually worried NBME 8 will overpredict for me and I would be crushed if I scored lower on the actual exam. I really got my hopes up now as I would be ecstatic with that score (I'm an IMG). I also made a few idiotic mistakes so if I minimized that my score would be higher. I found the first 2 blocks of NBME 8 difficult, the 3rd block was alright, and the 4th one was easy. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my score. 3 weeks left, please pray for me lol.

NBME 6: 209 on 01/23/18 (wtf?)
NBME 7: 218 on 02/04/18 (okay... not as bad as I thought... lots of room for improvement)
NBME 8: 247 on 02/19/18 (wow! I'm not that stupid after all!?)
UW First Pass: 72%

I'll be taking UWSA1 and UWSA2 in 2 weeks. I'm exactly 3 weeks out and I finished UW. Planning on another super quick pass of UW again and focusing on incorrects, ANKI, and trying to get through FA. I'm actually worried NBME 8 will overpredict for me and I would be crushed if I scored lower on the actual exam. I really got my hopes up now as I would be ecstatic with that score (I'm an IMG). I also made a few idiotic mistakes so if I minimized that my score would be higher. I found the first 2 blocks of NBME 8 difficult, the 3rd block was alright, and the 4th one was easy. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my score. 3 weeks left, please pray for me lol.

Did you give any UWSA? Curious to know how well nbme 8 correlates with UWSA without much of a time gap between exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
How difficult is NBME 8 ? Compared to nbme 6, 4 ..Also, Did anyone try out Clinical Mastery series ? If so, is it really good ? I have 3 weeks left for exam and I scored 245 on NBME 6, and 237 on USWA 2.

How difficult is NBME 8 ? Compared to nbme 6, 4 ..Also, Did anyone try out Clinical Mastery series ? If so, is it really good ? I have 3 weeks left for exam and I scored 245 on NBME 6, and 237 on USWA 2.

I'd say the difficulty of NBME 8 is midway between NBME 6 (easier) and NBME 7 (more difficult).
Compared to UWSA2, it might be slight easier as the stems/vignettes are shorter, which is the case for all the NMBE's, gie you slightly more time to think. But general opinion is that the stems on test day are more in line with Uworld/UWSA questions.

Hey guys i need an honest opinion kindly give your inputs.
I gave uwsa1 and scored 239, my exam is in 4 days. How predictive is uwsa1? because there are so many things in my uw notes that I still dont remember by heart. I haven't given any other assessments to gauge my consistency. I'd be okay with a 235+ tbh. Should i just trust my score and give the exam or postpone the date and take a good read of all my notes ? Please please help me, god bless you all

Hey guys i need an honest opinion kindly give your inputs.
I gave uwsa1 and scored 239, my exam is in 4 days. How predictive is uwsa1? because there are so many things in my uw notes that I still dont remember by heart. I haven't given any other assessments to gauge my consistency. I'd be okay with a 235+ tbh. Should i just trust my score and give the exam or postpone the date and take a good read of all my notes ? Please please help me, god bless you all

What decision did you take?
I'd have advised taking UWSA2 before your exam, as I felt that was more closer to the kind of questions in real exam.

Just to add my 2 cents,

NBME 8 (5 weeks ago): 269
UWSA 1 (3 weeks ago): 281
UWSA 2 (2 weeks ago): 281

Actual exam: 277