New "no watch" rule for CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hardyharhar

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate this new rule. How is anybody supposed to be able to keep track of time without getting docked for "losing eye contact"?

Members don't see this ad.

It's not a new rule. Not allowed to bring watches into the testing center for any of the Step exams.

I use the 5 minute warning. I should be halfway through the PE at that time to leave enough time for patient counseling.

When i heard the 5 minute warning i stopped everything i was doing and ran out of the room screaming. Still passed so there u go.

I attended C3NY. Dr. Swartz at C3NY said that one guy was recording the conversations using his/her watch. The guy messed up. No more watch in the exam. Dr. Wolfe at Kaplan said there is a clock on the wall in each room. I put a clock on the wall in my room to practice. But it is not easy to look at the clock, though. When I practice, I set a timer at 8 (end of history), 13 (end of PE), and 15 (final) min. You can feel when you should move on to the next. Hope it will be helpful to you. But I am still worried about running out of time for the closing (the most important thing in this exam). Should I write down time plus 7 min and plus 12 min on my paper when I look at the clock in the room? I will try it in my practice. Let's see if it works. Does anyone have any other good idea?

GATO.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I write down the time plus 7 min and plus 12 min on my paper when I look at the clock in the room. This works.

GATO.

I know another dude who said to the SP: "I got paged and I have to go!" when the buzzer went off while he was still performing the physical exam.