new OAT

ycfan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

has anyone taken the new OAT (after 7/15)? I know its only been a few days; but I'm just curious! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm curious too! my friend will be taking it in august and i wish i could tell him what to expect. as far as i know from the website, only the math section is really any different, content-wise. seems like things are shorter here and there...which is a good thing?

im taking it in aug. as well. Does any one know the content change, did they add or drop certain subjects?
any help would be appreciated since all of my study materials were bases on last years version.

kelus said:
im taking it in aug. as well. Does any one know the content change, did they add or drop certain subjects?
any help would be appreciated since all of my study materials were bases on last years version.

Here is the info on the changes taken directly from the OAT Examinee Guide found at www.opted.org.

Best of luck to you!!! :luck:

Overview of Changes to the OAT

A few changes are planned for the OAT; however these changes will not be effective until sometime
after July 15, 2006. Until that time the current description of the test remains accurate. These changes
will not impact anyone who tests before July 15, 2006. Changes will only occur in two sections of the test,
most of the test will remain unchanged. The OAT has always contained questions at varying levels of
difficulty. There are no plans to make the test any more difficult than it has been in the past.

Survey of the Natural Sciences

There will be no change to this section of the test. The information in this Guide remains accurate and the
sample test provided remains the same.

Reading Comprehension

Current Test: The current version of the Reading Comprehension Test consists of three passages and a
total of 50 questions. Each passage is associated with approximately 15-17 questions and a total of 60
minutes is allowed for this section of the test.
New Version: The purpose and content of the test will remain the same. The description of the content in
this Guide remains unchanged. The changes that will occur in the test affect the length of the reading
passages, number of questions, and time allotted for the test. The passages will be shorter and there will
only be 40 questions on the test. The number of questions associated with each passage will range from
10-17 and the time limit for the test will change to 50 minutes.

Physics

There will be no change to this section of the test. The information in this Guide remains accurate and the
sample test provided remains the same.

Quantitative Reasoning

Current Test: The current version of the Quantitative Reasoning Test consists of 50 questions with a
time limit of 45 minutes. The current content covered by the test is listed in this Guide on page 5.
New Version: The new version of the test will have 40 questions but, the time will remain the same at 45
minutes. There have been some content changes in the new version of the test. The content for the new
version of the test can be found on page 5 of this Guide.

Sample Test and Tutorial

The current sample test and tutorial will remain available as long as the current test is administered. A
version of the sample test and tutorial to match the new version of the test is also available for those
examinees that plan to test after July 15, 2006.