New Ortho Residency in Corvallis, OR

Started by Limvostov
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Limvostov

Gold Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone on here apply to this program and interview? I want to know more about it and though I actually see a couple of the new residents every night I work, I don't want to take up their time with my questions because they always seem busy.

I did notice that they took 3 residents instead of 2 like was originally planned according to the website, but I'm still currious what one has to do to land one of the only three AOA ortho spots in the NW.

I start school in 3 weeks so I know this is a long way off and may not even interest me in three years, but as of now it's in my top two favorites.

Thanks for any input.
 
You should talk to the residents. If you can't approach people in your desired specialty, you probably don't want to enter that specialty.

What do you mean by only 3 AOA ortho spots in the NW, by the way?

Good luck!

Anyone on here apply to this program and interview? I want to know more about it and though I actually see a couple of the new residents every night I work, I don't want to take up their time with my questions because they always seem busy.

I did notice that they took 3 residents instead of 2 like was originally planned according to the website, but I'm still currious what one has to do to land one of the only three AOA ortho spots in the NW.

I start school in 3 weeks so I know this is a long way off and may not even interest me in three years, but as of now it's in my top two favorites.

Thanks for any input.
 
You should talk to the residents. If you can't approach people in your desired specialty, you probably don't want to enter that specialty.

What do you mean by only 3 AOA ortho spots in the NW, by the way?

Good luck!

From the Osteopathic Opportunities website: http://www.opportunities.osteopathic.org/

The only Orthopaedic Sugery (ORS) residency program in the states of OR, WA, AK, ID, and MT is in Corvallis, OR and it takes 2 per year. This year the program decided to take 3 applicants.

Are there more AOA ortho residency options in the NW that I am unaware of?

Also, it's not that I can't approach the residents, they just seem very busy and I'm not in the mood for being "that iritating soon to be med student".
 
Last edited: