New Pcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ashleyz2022

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I am about to start studying for the January pcat and was wondering what sections do I omit from the Kaplan blue book for bio since the pcat has changed?
 
Omit animals - no need to learn the animal clade, bilateria, protostome vs. deuterostome, spiral cleavage vs radial cleavage.
Omit plants - no need to learn xylem vs phloem, etc. However, you do still need to know photosynthesis, but only very broadly.
Also, don't study ecosystem (primary consumer, secondary consumer, GPP, NPP, the types of biomes). Maybe you only need to know the cycling of nutrients (plant->animal->decomposer->plant->...)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I concur with the biology sections. Also understand your microbiology sections. The updated exam asks some questions about different drugs and diseases. The exam also asks for more anatomy questions.

For chemistry, the exam asked more organic chemistry and simple biochemistry questions. I would focus more on the organic and general chemistry