New Personal Statement & ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nphistheman

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok I know the title of my thread might make everyone say come on this has already been answered but I'm actually in a little different situation I think. I decided to drop out of the last application cycle after getting my AMCAS and AACOMAS app verified for personal reasons, so I never fully went through the application cycle, i.e. the schools never made a yes/no decision to my application. I even made it so far as to get some secondaries (even from one's that pre-screen) but I never turned in any of them. I know, logically it seems I'm not really a reapplicant but according to AMCAS and AACOMAS I "technically" am.
I've heard that reapplicants should redo their personal statement but since I dropped out early I don't think most ever really looked at it or, in other words, used it to make a decision about me? In light of this, do you think I need to redo the PS as well as the work/experiences section entirely? I think maybe the one's that pre-screen looked at it but even with these I thought they mainly pre-screen based on numbers right? I was thinking about adding a couple experiences/insights but I just really like the intro of the personal statement and the main themes that I touch on and would rather not change them (not out of laziness, but because I think it's the best intro and themes I can think of). What do y'all think?
 
What's the purpose of redoing your personal statement unless something significant occurred? Why *should* you redo it??