New Personal Statement & ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nphistheman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I know the title of my thread might make everyone say come on this has already been answered but I'm actually in a little different situation I think. I decided to drop out of the last application cycle after getting my AMCAS and AACOMAS app verified for personal reasons, so I never fully went through the application cycle, i.e. the schools never made a yes/no decision to my application. I even made it so far as to get some secondaries (even from one's that pre-screen) but I never turned in any of them. I know, logically it seems I'm not really a reapplicant but according to AMCAS and AACOMAS I "technically" am.
I've heard that reapplicants should redo their personal statement but since I dropped out early I don't think most ever really looked at it or, in other words, used it to make a decision about me? In light of this, do you think I need to redo the PS as well as the work/experiences section entirely? I think maybe the one's that pre-screen looked at it but even with these I thought they mainly pre-screen based on numbers right? I was thinking about adding a couple experiences/insights but I just really like the intro of the personal statement and the main themes that I touch on and would rather not change them (not out of laziness, but because I think it's the best intro and themes I can think of). What do y'all think?

Members don't see this ad.

What's the purpose of redoing your personal statement unless something significant occurred? Why *should* you redo it??