New pharmacy manager transition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prosperity8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got promoted to pharmacy manager in Florida. How soon do we have to perform a controlled substance inventory count? Is it within first day or first week or first month?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it was 72 hours but after a quick browse through the FL BOP rules I couldn't find it. Sorry OP. Honestly I would do it first day just to get it taken care of.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Each state has specific rules. I can’t find anything for Florida either. I don’t know which pharmacy you’re at, but at Walmart it usually needs to be done by or on the “Effective Date of PIC Change.”

Date of PIC change. I can't remember if it is just SC law or not, but it should be done the night before after closing or day of before opening. Definitely good measure to do it when not actively dispensing.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think it needs to be done same day in Florida. A friend became manager and did controlled inventory a week later.

Staff to manager is a promotion I believe right?

Staff to manager is a promotion I believe right?
If I offer to pay you an extra 10¢ a day, put the word “executive” in front of your current title, and kick you in to crotch every hour, was that a promotion?

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats on the promotion and more job security.

Don't forget to delegate, rxm means less work for you!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Mere staff pharmacists should be more scared of their job security. Delegate the **** out of them.

Congrats on the promotion and more job security.

Don't forget to delegate, rxm means less work for you!!!

This is so true, and something I am so guilty of. I farmed out my entire job except verification and counseling

I recently got promoted to pharmacy manager in Florida. How soon do we have to perform a controlled substance inventory count? Is it within first day or first week or first month?

Do it immediately. for your own peace of mind, and im sure the board wants it anyway.