NEW pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigpharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like the new schools popping up are retail pharmacy factories? I feel like many of them are totally funded or co-funded by retail companies. I sometimes teach at a school with CVS on the sign. Does anyone else notice this?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone else feel like the new schools popping up are retail pharmacy factories? I feel like many of them are totally funded or co-funded by retail companies. I sometimes teach at a school with CVS on the sign. Does anyone else notice this?

I don't think it's just new ones.

Pitt is sponsored by Rite Aid, that's one of the reasons I was scared to go there (who knows if that was justified or not, I really don't want to do retail).

But then again, schools need to get their funding somewhere.

And I think our white coat ceremony was sponsored by Walgreens...I guess retail chains have the most funding to fund these things.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's just new ones.

Pitt is sponsored by Rite Aid, that's one of the reasons I was scared to go there (who knows if that was justified or not, I really don't want to do retail).

But then again, schools need to get their funding somewhere.

And I think our white coat ceremony was sponsored by Walgreens...I guess retail chains have the most funding to fund these things.
I think Stop & Shop sponsored ours.

We have an Eli Lilly and Walgreens computer lab. CVS also sponsors all of our meetings and our annual Gala.

Walgreens is buying us breakfast before our kinetics final on Thursday...

I think those schools may first be retail factories only because of the new school's lack of ties to pharmaceutical research, hospitals etc.

I'm glad to see they are investing money into the future pharmacists, instead of sending that money to the engineering dept at GA Tech so they can build a robot to replace us. Maybe there is hope after all.

I'm glad to see they are investing money into the future pharmacists, instead of sending that money to the engineering dept at GA Tech so they can build a robot to replace us. Maybe there is hope after all.
They're doing both! :smuggrin: but failing at the robots for all I'm concerned.