New position advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tobie

When in doubt, open another pharmacy school
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Monday, I had an interview at a hospital in another state. I think they are interested, and *hopefully* will offer me a position in the next couple of days.

This is my dilemma;

Divorced, 3 kids, oldest 13, youngest 6. This position would take me about 8 hours away. the market is extremely FUBAR right now in my area. been looking for 5 months for full time instead of 1-day a week (if that) scraps. Would you take the job and keep your eyes open to come back in maybe 6-8 months? I would fly back every 2-3 weekends to be with the kids. Would essentially go minimal on expenses, etc....

thoughts, opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Monday, I had an interview at a hospital in another state. I think they are interested, and *hopefully* will offer me a position in the next couple of days.

This is my dilemma;

Divorced, 3 kids, oldest 13, youngest 6. This position would take me about 8 hours away. the market is extremely FUBAR right now in my area. been looking for 5 months for full time instead of 1-day a week (if that) scraps. Would you take the job and keep your eyes open to come back in maybe 6-8 months? I would fly back every 2-3 weekends to be with the kids. Would essentially go minimal on expenses, etc....

thoughts, opinions?
well - I am guessing you need to provide for your children, so a full time job is a necessity. Sucks that you have to move away, but if you do move, I think you need to give them at least a year bare minimum, anything less you are burning your bridges in an already bad market. * hours may seem like a long ways, and that you won't care if you burn your bridge, but it can come back to bite you.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with Dred Pirate, you can do the job for 6 months if you want to, but you will likely burn a bridge with them if you only stay for this long. I am sorry for your situation :(

Members don't see this ad :)
1 year minimum, or don't expect it to benefit your resume.

My dad lived 6 hours away and drove to pick us up/drive us back every other weekend for a year or two. After that the 2.5 hour distance for the rest of my teenaged years was a cake walk. Sometimes he could only manage it once a month. And this was before they had DVD players in cars

well - I am guessing you need to provide for your children, so a full time job is a necessity. Sucks that you have to move away, but if you do move, I think you need to give them at least a year bare minimum, anything less you are burning your bridges in an already bad market. * hours may seem like a long ways, and that you won't care if you burn your bridge, but it can come back to bite you.
If it's retail, u can always go back? I left a job after less than three months.