New Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Sam123

Reaction score
When can a new pediatric practice expect to get busy? I have been open for about a month and are seeing about 2-6 patients a week. Also anyone have any ideas about generating referrals?

Members don't see this ad.

When can a new pediatric practice expect to get busy? I have been open for about a month and are seeing about 2-6 patients a week. Also anyone have any ideas about generating referrals?
Why didn't you just join a group?

Members don't see this ad :)
For gen peds, the way to increase business is to see new babies. Reach out to the OB groups in the area and let them know that you're seeing new patients and consider getting credentialed to round in the hospitals. If you have a niche interest in something (particularly psych meds, ADHD, LGBTQ health, teens, obesity, etc) then advertise that bc a lot of people who don't want to manage those populations will send them to you. If you're passionate about LGBTQ health, then advertising at local LGBT centers will net you some referrals as well.

I'm subspecialty and walked into a group practice with lots of referrals, but I've been working for 4 months and today in my full day clinic I only saw 3 patients. So it does take time too.

Reactions: 1 user
For gen peds, the way to increase business is to see new babies. Reach out to the OB groups in the area and let them know that you're seeing new patients and consider getting credentialed to round in the hospitals. If you have a niche interest in something (particularly psych meds, ADHD, LGBTQ health, teens, obesity, etc) then advertise that bc a lot of people who don't want to manage those populations will send them to you. If you're passionate about LGBTQ health, then advertising at local LGBT centers will net you some referrals as well.

I'm subspecialty and walked into a group practice with lots of referrals, but I've been working for 4 months and today in my full day clinic I only saw 3 patients. So it does take time too.
Thank you!